Wild Weekend for Wales : Saturday 8 March @ Llangollen Community Garden 10 am – 3 pm
The event sponsored by Keep Wales Tidy will see groups all over Wales doing practical projects to help wildlife. This spring the main focus is on pollinators.
@ Llangollen Community Garden we will be:
Establishing our Coppice Area
- Thinning the sapling trees, clearing bramble, coppicing some of the ash
- Planting hazel
- Under planting with snowdrops (and hopefully primroses).
Planting 2 Fruit Trees
- Planting a plum and a damson. Food for the bees and us!
- Putting up wires to grow a honey suckle along the stone wall behind the social area
- Putting up trellis and planting 2 honeysuckles to cover the metal fencing erected by DCC
Tidying up our existing Flower Beds
- Our existing Bee Beds need some tlc after the winter
- We will be planting some extra “bee” plants too, mostly from plant divisions from our own gardens
Log / Bug Piles
- As an extra to our pollinator plans will will saw up some of the many branches in the garden
- We want to create 1 or 2 smaller log piles in the children’s area suitable for future mini beast hunting
- Wear footwear suitable for mud and old clothes. Gloves & tools provided.
- Also provided; tea, coffee, juice plus biscuits & cakes too. If possible bring a mug, but we will have some spares.
- Children welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Tell your friends
- Drop in for an hour or two, or bring lunch and stay all day!