Get involved | Cymryd rhan
When and where
See that small wooden gate? The garden is located through there!
There are various different ways you can get involved;
* Gardeners – No experience neccessary, this is an opportunity for people who are looking to learn about gardening and to help out with a variety of day to day gardening tasks.
* Experienced gardeners – We need skilled gardeners who can help teach our gardeners about growing vegetables and flowers.
* Specialist gardeners – Sometimes an in depth knowledge of a particular topic is required, e.g. Apple trees or Ecology – If you have a particular skill that you would like to offer, please let us know.
* Construction and Maintenance – We need people who can build compost bins, fix broken gates, build steps and raised beds, and various other construction jobs around the garden.
* Designers and Artists – We want our garden to be a thing of beauty. Careful planning and inspiring art can help us develop a more beautiful garden.
* Youth engagement – We need people who have the skills neccessary to organise and run activities that will engage under 18s.
* Publicity – Llangollen Community Garden is a garden for the whole community. We need volunteers who can make sure that everyone in the community understands what we are about and how they can get involved.
> Grow your own low cost high quality food
> Engage with your local environment
> Keep fit
Why community gardening?
> Work to develop your community
> An opportunity to meet new people
> Get great results, while sharing responsibility
> Avoid the need to buy your own tools or have your own land
> Learn new skills for free